How will you know who God is? Is He Allah? Is He Buddha? Is He Jehovah? Is He a force of some kind or another? Is He Jesus Christ? Or you may be wondering, does God really exist?
How will you know what is the truth about God? How will you know that you are not following a myth or a deception? In order to know who God is, you must have a reliable source of information about God. You must know where to look for God. You must be able to trust your source of information.
In your quest for God, which source of information about God will you be able to trust? Will you trust the Quran of Islam? Will you trust The Vedas of Hinduism? Will you trust The Sutras of Buddhism? Will you trust the Shastras of Hinduism? Will you trust the Tao Te Ching of Taoism? Will you trust the Five Classics and Four Books of Confucianism? Will you trust the Torah of Judaism? Will you trust the African Traditional Religions' belief in a Supreme Being based on a spirituality without a written source. Or will you trust the Bible of the Christian?
Listed below are four criteria or guidelines you may use to test the truth about God. You may test the reliability of your source about God by the following standards:
The source must consist of a detailed, authoritative, coherent, consistent revelation of God, His character and being, without any contradiction; for which consensus occurs over a broad spectrum of the world's peoples, nations, tribes and tongues.
The source must provide a believable and coherent revelation of the origin, beginning and purpose of heaven and earth; and of the consummation and end-purpose of all things in relation to God in eternity.
The source must contain a coherent and systematic revelation of God's plan and purpose with humanity as a whole. This revelation must offer a supernatural, workable and practical solution to the problems of humanity and society which leads to Divine purpose; morality, deliverance, freedom, liberty and peace; growth and development, both spiritually and materially; hope for all, both spiritually and materially; and most importantly, salvation unto eternal life -- without any discrimination.
The source must be written by more than one independent authors. The authors must be in full consensus without contradiction, and the contents must form one coherent whole like the picture of a jig-saw puzzle.
What you must do next (tongue in cheek), is to obtain a copy of every sacred writing of every faith in the world, study them all, and then measure them against the four principles above to see which one complies. ...... No, no - just joking! This has already been done for you. All you have to do is ask somebody who has a testimony of a personal and living relationship with God.
My name is Elmer Grobler, and it is my privilege to show you the way to God! You may be wondering, what qualifies me to do this? Only ONE thing - I have found Him! Therefore, I am able to show YOU how to find Him. More than 55,000,000 people are searching for the phrase "help me find god" just on Google every month! Although this was before Google's time, I was one of the millions searching for truth about God.
Dear friend, there is only one sacred writing that complies with every one of the above criteria - that is the Bible! The Bible is the only source about God that you can fully trust! If you are looking for God, you will find Him only in the Bible! I know this may come as a shock to some of you, while some of you may be angered by my statement. However, it will serve no purpose to beat about the bush or compromise the truth if you are serious about finding and knowing God.
Although I was brought up in a Christian home, I rebelled against Christianity as a teenager and refused to accept the Bible as the truth. At the age of 26 I began searching for the truth. I refused to speak to any Christian and avoided contact with Christians at any cost because I was brought up in a Christian home and wanted to avoid what I perceived to be Christian indoctrination.
However, an inner conflict raged within me and I began searching for the truth by reading various books and articles - anything but Christian!
My soul was dark, without a ray of light. One day I came to breaking point and I just drove off in my motorcar to nowhere. While I was driving I came under the conviction of my sinful life. I suddenly realised that I was running away from God, and for the first time in my life I spoke to God as if He was alive and real! I confessed that I was running away from Him and I asked Him for forgiveness. Nobody spoke to me and I did not even read anything that pointed me in the right direction, but a miracle happened. Suddenly the light of God shined into the dungeon of my soul, my darkness was lifted and I was free! The love of God flooded my soul!
Without anybody telling me, I suddenly realised who God was! Jesus Christ was revealed to me as God the Son, God revealed to humanity in a human body, and I accepted Him as my Lord and Saviour. I was born again by the Spirit of God and my life was changed completely. I started reading the Bible and through its pages the God of heaven, Creator of heaven and earth, was revealed to me as a living reality. This was no indoctrination or educational exercise! This was a supernatural revelation!
After three years I went through a serious crisis in my life and this shook my faith to it's roots. I could not understand why God could allow such a destructive thing to happen to me and I began doubting God. Once again I began doubting the source of what I had believed as the truth, and I stopped reading the Bible. For seven years I lived a back-slidden life until God in His immeasurable mercy, once again revealed Himself to me. I once again surrendered my life fully to Him and He restored my faith. Once again He revealed Himself to me through the pages of the Bible - and I have since been living a victorious Christian life for more than 25 years! I have discovered my purpose and found assurance of salvation, peace, fulfilment and happiness that surpasses all human understanding!
I have since met hundreds other, and know of millions of Christians world wide who have found the same assurance of salvation, peace, fulfilment and happiness that surpasses all human understanding - with the Bible as the foundation of their faith.
Although there are many more, I am going to give you only ten reasons why I believe the Bible is the true and infallible Truth and Word of God:
1. The first reason is that nobody in the world who has ever searched for the truth with an open and honest heart and mind, has ever failed to find the truth of God in the Bible! Millions of people have found it over the centuries and millions of people are finding it at present! The reason why some religions prohibit their followers from reading the Bible and possessing a Bible is a criminal offence in some countries, is because their leaders know that a huge danger exists that they may lose their followers! If you are really looking for the truth, read the Bible alongside your own sacred writings - and decide for yourself! Christians have no problem if their followers read other religion's sacred writings - the truth will prevail! The Bible has no competition - it is in a class of its own!
2. The second reason is the miracle of its compilation. The Bible is not the fruit of only one prophet. If the Bible was written by only one prophet, it's authority could have been challenged. The Bible was written over a period of 1400 to 1800 years by more than 40 different authors, containing 66 books, 1189 chapters and 31,240 verses - consisting of one coherent message, beginning with creation in Genesis chapter 1 and ending with consummation in Revelation chapter 22 - each book and chapter forming a vital part of the coherent whole, without a single contradiction in its context. What do you think the chances are that a book written by 40 authors over a period of 1800 years would produce such a result?
3. The Bible was finally compiled in 387 AD and has for the past more than 1600 years been accepted by the entire Christian church world wide as the inspired Word of God without any division! The claim by some that the Bible has been changed is a myth, if not an outright lie. The Bible is also the greatest selling Book in history and the Book that has been translated into the greatest number of languages in the world. It is the only sacred writing that can be read by the majority of the world population - and will within a short number of years be the ONLY book in the world to be translated into all 7,000 languages of the world!
4. The Bible has no barriers. Millions of people are discovering the truth of the Bible across the globe in every country of the world. The message of the Bible has no national, cultural, class, language, racial, or political boundaries. It is God's Word for every person, of every nation, culture, tribe and tongue through all the ages!
5. The Bible reveals God's true purpose in creation and His true purpose and plan for every one of His creatures. The Bible also reveals the reason for the state of this world. It not only contains God's perfect solution for the social problems of this world, but above all contains the only and perfect plan of restoration from the fall. The Bible is the only book in the world that provides a solution to the problem of sin and the fall, and offers assurance of salvation for everyone who believes!
6. The New Testament of the Bible reveals the history of Jesus Christ, the revelation of God in a human body, the Saviour of the world, His crucifixion, His resurrection from the grave and His ascension into heaven. These are indisputable facts that were witnessed by multitudes. While many people over the centuries have attempted to disprove these facts - none have succeeded! While there is overwhelming evidence to prove these facts historically correct, nobody has ever succeeded in proving them wrong! At best critics have succeeded to spread unreliable rumours that are believed by some who have no courage to face the truth! Jesus Christ was God's "Human Answer" to man's quest for God - and this revelation is found only in the Bible!
7. The 'Prophet' of the Gospel of the Bible is the only 'prophet' of any faith with an empty grave! The graves of all other prophets are occupied with dead bones! If it can be proved that Jesus Christ did not rise from the dead, Christianity will die! If Jesus Christ did not rise from the dead, the Christian faith is worthless! However, if the resurrection of Jesus Christ is true - that changes everything! Millions of people around the world are coming to the indisputable conclusion that Jesus Christ really is alive and reveals Himself alive to every single person who seeks Him in truth!!
8. The Bible is the ultimate source of all progress, advancement, development, prosperity and liberty in the world. The political systems of democracy, freedom of choice, education and free enterprise are inherited from Biblical principles. Where the Bible is honoured, there is progress and development! Where the Bible is absent or suppressed, there is regression, poverty and bondage. That's the reason why 53% of the world's income belongs to 33% of the world's Christian population.
9. Christianity cannot be killed, because it is built on the eternal principles of the Bible. The more Christians that are killed the more the Church grows! "The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the Church." This was proved in China where little more than 60 years ago, in 1949, there were less than 4 million Christians after all foreign missionaries were expelled and Christians brutally persecuted by a most repressive communist regime. Today China has the largest Christian population in the world, having exceeded the 100 million mark, and growing!
10. The tenth reason why I believe the Bible is the truth and infallible Word of God, is because God, the Creator of heaven and earth, was revealed to me through its pages. Nobody told me that the God of the Bible was the true God - this was a revelation! This revelation was not only a mental revelation, but a spiritual revelation to such an extend that to this very day I have a personal and intimate spiritual relationship with God the Father through Jesus Christ my Lord and Saviour. What's more is that God, the Creator of heaven and earth has been, and will be revealed through the pages of the Bible to every single person who seeks Him with a sincere heart!
Are you searching for the truth? I want to guide you in a short and simple, but systematic manner through the truths of the Bible in such a way that you will be able to enter into a personal relationship with God!
One of the great truths I discovered when I entered into a personal relationship with God, was that I possess spiritual power and authority through prayer. I discovered that I can influence and change people's lives and the world for the better through prayer. In fact I learned that God changes the world and establishes His Kingdom on earth through the prayers of His children. You can too when you have entered into a personal relationship with Him!
Do you have a prayer request? Submit your request through the form below and we will pray for you.
If you want us to pray for you please enter your name, email address and oprayer request below and you will be directed to Part 2: How To Enter Into A Personal Relationship With God. There is no cost or obligation whatsoever involved. We will treat your information with the utmost confidentiality and will not coerce you into anything. (You may also proceed to Part 2 without entering your name on the prayer form if you prefer, by following the link provided below.)
If you reject or ignore this invitation you may continue to live in spiritual and emotional poverty and darkness; or you may decide that you want to discover the truth of God and how you can be what God made you to be by entering into a personal relationship with Him -- today! This could undoubtedly be the most important decision you have ever made and will ever make in your entire life! I beg you, for your own sake and benefit, do not consider this invitation lightly!
If you want to read Part 2: How To Enter Into A Personal Relationship With God, but do not want to include your name on the prayer form, follow this link.
Read the Bible on your mobile phone in your own language
Download the Bible App for free here
| Help Me Find God - Part 1 | Help Me Find God - Part 2 | About Us | Statement Of Faith | Contact Us |
© Copyright 2015 Scripture Educational Programs. All Rights Reserved.
| Privacy | Disclaimer |
Back To Top